We recently watched Patricia Altschul host a fabulous flamingo-inspired soiree on Southern Charm, which got us wondering – what goes into hosting such a charming party? We reached out to the grande dame herself for her best party tips, so next time you're ready to throw a memorable event heed these party rules:
1. Give Yourself Time to Plan the Party
2. Stay Away From Evites
Evite invitations are for corporate events only.
3. White Orchids Are A Must
Flowers always dress up a room. If you don't want an expensive arrangement, get white orchids...
4. Beware of Fire Hazards
5. There's a Time Limit on Cocktails
6. And a Time Limit on Cocktail Parties!
7. Have Well Stocked Bar Cart
8. Always Serve Delicious Food
A wonderful lasagna, salad and homemade cookies are perfection.